Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 16. Tiles Down and New Shoes!

This week we went and met the Tim the tiler on site early Wednesday morning to check that all the tiles to be laid were correct and going in the right places. After I was clumsy and knocked a packet of tiles over we walked around and checked that they were all good. We also got to talk to him to make sure the bathroom step into the spa was what we wanted too!

And i got to see the feature tiles we'd decided on which was cool... because up until now I'd forgotten what we'd decided on!


On Saturday we went back and visited the house - as you can see we now have perfect peeping tom skills and we're so subtle nobody would know we were there! For anyone that missed is - Glens using his super sleuth skills and peeping through the sliding door.

As you can see the tiles are laid - no grout yet, and... drum roll please..... the bench tops are on!!!

Kitchen with bench tops.

Kitchen tiles

Rumpus room

Kitchen, you can see the bench a bit better now.

View down the hall from our little rumpus room window.

Ensuite. No tiles yet, but a bench top.

Water tanks been delivered. Not installed yet.

Looking down the hall from the front window.


Now for some other really exciting news - well it is for me anyway... I bought new shoes and I'm in love with them! Although I had to buy size 9... i don't think I've ever worn size 9 in my life! My hoofers are HUGE!!!


So they look really weird i know. But they're awesome. I've been wearing them around the office today and can feel my calves working harder and i have noticed I'm standing and walking much straighter than i usually do! The shoes are meant to simulate you walking on sand so you get a better workout when you're walking...
I'll give them a try tonight when i walk the dogs, but for now - I'm in love... Oh and yes - i really did get the hot pink ones!!!

1 comment:

  1. Size 9 huh! I was born size 9. Tell us about the hot pink laces too!

    ReplyDelete