Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bushwalking 12/08/10

On Thursday 12th of August at 4.00AM a very good Family friend of mine passed away. Fay will always be remembered to me as the Grandma I never had. I'll miss her, but I hope that she's at peace and back in the arms of Bruce and happy again!

I was upset and had the day off work as I'd been up since 4AM when i got the call that she'd passed away and Glen just happened to have the day off as it was his Day off in Lieu of the Ekka public holiday.

I decided that i needed some peace so decided to head to the D'Aguilar State Forest and go for a walk. Here's some of the pictures we took along the way. I should also mention this forest is about 15 mins from our new house!

The view just before you enter the park.
WE went for a 1 K walk to Bulls Falls. We walked down, down, down and finally got to the falls and they were tiny.... not what we were expecting at all. While I frigged around with the camera and played with the settings, glen settled in with and apple and some rice crackers and waited patiently!
The Waterfall.
More Waterfall
and some more. Like i said it was much less spectacular than we were both imagining so I had to play with settings to make it seem more grand!

Then we went back to the Gantry car park for a toilet break and saw a few Kookaburra's. More pics below...
This is the remnants of the sawmill that was in use prior to the area being closed off and made a national park. You can see just how big teh mill was as you can see Glen at the far end standing in the middle. the roof was at least 5 or 6 Glens tall!

We then went on another 1 k walk called the Piccabeen trail. It's pretty flat and very picturesque.
piccabeen palms
An amazing fallen tree that was hollowed out.



There was so much Moss everywhere. It was so pretty and so different on different trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment